Title: Painting The Town
Author: James C. Bradford
Publisher: Thematic Music Cue Sheet, 1927
Format: Cue Sheet
Document type: Cue Sheet
All authors/contributors: James C. Bradford
- At Screening: “Shoot” by Kaufman
- Undershirts Have Gone Out: “Zip” by Frey
NOTE: Racing motor effects.
- Hector Talking To Patsy: “I Love Me” by Mahoney
- Patsy’s Picture On Wall: “If I Had A Girl Like You” by Henderson
- Picture Removed From Wall: “It Had To Be You” by Jones
- The Fine Will Be A Hundred Dollars: “Poor Relations” by Bendix
- Times Square: “Broadway” by Dubin
- Curtain Down: “Ouch” by Kaufman
- Patsy Appears With Escort: THEME “It All Depends On You” by Henderson
- Sorry We Have An Appointment: “I’m On My Merry Way” by Whiting
- Drunk Rises From Auto: “Two In A Bar” by Copping
- Interior—Guests: “Oh Mister” by Frey
NOTE: Catch effect of smashing watches on table.
- I Suggest Miss Patsy: Play “Black Bottom”
- Hector Starts Fantastic Eccentric Dance: “Dans du Ventre” by Clark
NOTE: Play in jazz tempo; catch fall.
- Men Smoking Cigars—They Explode: Repeat No.2 “Zip”
- Tell Mr. Tyson He’s Wanted On The Phone: Repeat Theme No.9
NOTE: Piano and orchestra alternate on pick-ups following screen.
- Slips Don’t Count: “Ain’t She Sweet?” by Ager
- Drunk Appears: “Blue Law Blues” by Lake
- Flash-Back To Patsy and Hector: Repeat No.17 “Ain’t She Sweet?”
- Patsy Lived: “The Joker” by Srawley
- What Are You Doing Here?: “Elopement” by Carrozzini
- Drunk On Bed: “Lucy Is Loose Again Tonight” by Woods
- Don’t Let Her In: “Rush Hours” by Sanders
- The Fire Department Has Been: “Illusions” by Ring-Hager
- Hector and Tyson Enter Outer Office: “Flocons de Neige” by Bradford
- Tyson Appears From Inner Office: “Coming of Spring” by Godard
- Hector Winds Up Toy Mouse: “Air Thrills” by Sanders
- Hector Lands In Commissioner’s Office: Repeat No.3 “I Love Me”
NOTE: Catch cigar explosion.
- Hector Walks From Office: “I’m Sitting On Top of the World” by Henderson
- Following Morning: “I Can’t Get Over A Girl Like You” by Ruskin
- Hector Starts To Dream—Visions: Repeat Theme No.9
- The Hour For The Demonstration: “Speed” by Frey
NOTE: Catch crash.
- After Crash: “Melancholic Appassionato” by Rapee
- Love Refuses To Admit Defeat: “That’s What I Call a Pal” by Nelson
- Traynor Enters With Contracts: “Enigma” by Borch
- Hector Enters Office: “Appassionato No.2” by Axt
- Patsy Sounds Alarm: “The Skyrocket” by Frey
NOTE: Wild riding auto effects.
- Right On The Dot: Repeat No.3 “I Love Me”
- Patsy and Hector In Auto—Ride Off: Repeat Theme No.9
Source: Carl Braun Collection
SFSMA ID: 6NGUsFVL24